Anderson Ford Motorsport
AF-6582-D2 Fabricated Valve Covers for 86-93 Mustang SC/Turbo with Ventilation for Catch Can (Satin Black)
- Calculated at Checkout
Pre-Order only! Current ETA from todays order date is late-March/April 2023. Subject to change due to labor and material shortages.
NEW SHORT BOLT VERSION!
Anderson Fabricated Aluminum Mustang Valve Covers with fill tube and fittings for remote catch can setups. No longer do you need to cut and make your own breather holes for a catch can on your boosted Foxbody. Fittings and filler tube are all welded Aluminum to be a leak free design. This version was developed for EFI low profile intake manifolds for small block fords.
Satin Black Powdercoat finish.
Supercharged or Turbo applications need to vent the crankcase pressure created when boost enters the engine. These valve covers have male AN fittings welded on to be able to add female fittings and hoses to route to a catch can and breather setup.
Valve covers and installation bolts included, recommend thick rubber valve cover gaskets for installation (part # AF-6123)
Inside height: 3.25" from tallest point
- SBF EFI short design. No interference with most rocker arm setups (will not work with rocker girdles)
- 100% aluminum welded around fittings and fill tube for leak free use
- Fill tube with o-ring'ed cap (baffled)
- Passenger side fabricated for clearance for use with centrifugal superchargers and large inlet couplers
- -8AN male fittings for remote catch can or breather setups
- Fits all SBF EFI and Carb applications
Notes* Fits under original, hi-ram, short runner and most EFI aftermarket intake manifolds on 1986-1993 Performance Mustangs.
94-95 Mustangs will not work without additional modification.
Will be a tight fit if still running factory air conditioning against the compressor.
Anderson logos are decals and up to the end user to install.
Manufacturing Note: These are hand-made and fully welded aluminum, warping of the flanges is not uncommon with the amount of heat caused by welding. This is expected which is why we highly recommend part number AF-6123 or similar valve cover gaskets. These type of gaskets have thick malleable rubber with a metal insert to form to the cylinder head and the valve cover. If this type of valve cover gasket is not used then leaking could be possible.
* It is highly recommended to add a small amount of grease to the threads of both the fill cap and fittings to avoid binding or a "cold weld" condition of the aluminum.
If running valve cover studs they must be removed for installation to fit over rocker arms. Can be reinstalled onced valve covers placed on cylinder heads.
S/C clearance tested to date:
Vortech SI, T-trim, YSI, Paxton Novi 2000 all with the use of AF-0101A and AF-0106C